A Guest Blog from Network Depot Partner CNSG
Nonprofits, like other small businesses, face considerable IT challenges that can impede their organization’s core mission. Optimizing your tech services is a key factor in overcoming these challenges and improving the overall business operations of your nonprofit.
Some Examples of Typical Tech Problems
- Your computer keeps deleting the grant application you’ve been working on for the past 3 weeks because your storage is too full.
- Your phone keeps sending your selfies to your boss and you can’t figure out why.
- You want to tweet that there’s a clothing drive on Friday, but you can’t figure out why your Wi-Fi isn’t working.
- You think an update is going to a fancy restaurant instead of McDonald’s.
- You had no idea why people keep saying your music is “in the cloud.”
If any of the above statements relate to you –don’t fret. The world of telecommunications can be daunting and overwhelming to organizations currently transitioning to the newest and most efficient services available. The terminology, the wires, and the codes are just some of the things that scare nonprofits away.
What nonprofit has time to manage services and host data when they’re saving lives, rolling their sleeves up, and inspiring communities?
4 Ways to Optimize Your Tech Services
Below are 4 ways nonprofits can optimize tech services– taking the scary part out of
implementing technology and making it easier for nonprofits to do critical work in their
1. Do a Comprehensive Assessment of your current IT Services and Future Needs
It is important to have a comprehensive assessment of current data, voice, and networked services and future needs, to research how to optimize performance and reduce costs. This will help improve the efficiency of daily operations.
2. Get Some Help
Work with an IT Support partner like Network Depot, who will oversee every detail of whatever project you settle on, providing ongoing support and detailed information. We know you have important day-to-day tasks, so let us do the heavy lifting!
3. Always Go with Experience
Partner with experience-driven specialists who are committed to customer service and complete satisfaction. You don’t need extensive background knowledge or industry know-how to achieve successful results if you secure assistance from a trusted IT partner.
4. Take a Deep Breath and Make it Happen
We know you may have no idea what bandwidth initiatives, VoIP, or basic tech services are, but you can quickly gain the partner resources to help you understand and determine the best IT solutions. With the help of a trusted IT Support partner like Network Depot and a telecom expert like CNSG, your organization will quickly be able to develop and execute comprehensive IT solutions that will make your team more efficient while reducing costs. This improved IT situation will allow your nonprofit to keep its critical focus on the core objectives that matter most to your organization.